Completing home projects on your own is satisfying and saves money. However, there are times when calling a professional is necessary. When it comes to electrical problems, a licensed electrician will know how to solve your electrical issues safely, quickly, and give you the peace of mind you need. Here are some urgent electrical needs to watch out for.
Fuses Keep Blowing
Replacing the same fuse over and over or constantly having to flip the circuit breaker are both signs you urgently need an electrician. Flipping a switch or replacing a fuse seems simple enough. However, when it keeps happening over and over, this is a sign that something isn’t set up properly or the wiring is not right.
There Is a Buzzing Sound in Your Walls
It may sound a little strange, but a buzzing sound coming from your walls doesn’t necessarily mean a swarm of bees. It could be, but it could also be faulty wiring. Electrical fires most often start in the walls. Call your electrician immediately if you hear an unusual buzzing sound to have it looked at.
The Lights Keep Flickering
It isn’t uncommon to see lights flicker in your home during strong winds or a storm; that is normal flickering and doesn’t raise cause for concern. However, If you have lights that are flickering daily, then something is wrong with the connection. You should never ignore a faulty connection, as it can become a fire hazard.
You Get Shocked When Turning on Lights or Using Outlets
It can be hard to determine when a shock is simply caused by dry winter air in your home or caused by an unsafe electrical issue. A sign that there may be a problem that needs addressing is if the shocking happens constantly. When in doubt, call an electrician.
Something Is Sparking
If you are flipping a circuit breaker and see a spark, or plug something in and the outlet sparks, these are nothing to be messed with. Sparks can lead to fires, and something is wrong with the wiring for a spark to even happen in the first place. Sparks from electrical components in your home are one of the signs you urgently need an electrician.
An Outlet Is Hot To the Touch
An outlet should never feel hot to the touch and is a sign something dangerous could be going on behind the wall. When wiring is acting strange, there is a risk for fire. Call your electrician as soon as you notice this problem.
C&S Electric of Louisburg LLC is here to answer all of your electrical questions and meet all the electrical needs in our area. When in doubt, call us—we will keep your home safe.