Every year brings some challenging weather events. The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June to November with the peak season happening between mid-August to late October. The National Hurricane Center forecasts the “average” season now has 14 name storms and seven hurricanes, three of them expected to be major (Category 3+ – 111 to 129 mph winds. This could cause major home damage, many trees to be snapped/unrooted and electricity and water supply may be unavailable for several days or more.). It’s important to be reminded of the importance to plan and prepare your home and family the best you can. Here are some tips to prepare your home for the hurricane season.
- Have trees and branches trimmed.
- Clean your gutters.
- Get your sump pump inspected.
- Make a backup plan for long power outages.
- When on hurricane alert, make sure all phone and communication devices are fully charged.
- NEVER operate a portable generator inside your home.
- Stay away from downed power lines, at least 35 feet away, and do not touch the line or anything that may be in contact with the line.
- Finally, have a licensed electrician inspect any water-damaged electrical equipment.
Our company is based on the belief that the needs of our customers are of the utmost importance. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service. No job is too big or too small for our experienced team. Please contact us at C&S Electric of Louisburg LLC firstname.lastname@example.org for all your electrical service needs. Call 919.729.4349 to ask about our top-rated generators among other electrical services you may need. Remember that we never farm out your electrical work to an unlicensed electrician. Take a moment to read a few of my many 5 Star Reviews from “real” customers. Google Guaranteed. Stay safe, Craig Salvesen, Unlimited License Holder.